Classical Conditioning


I'd like my students to hand in their test in without having to tell them ever time.  The unconditioned stimulus would simply me tell the class to hand in their papers, with the unconditioned response of them getting up and handing it in. 

Before I actually said, "hand in your test," I'd play a musical jingle. (The jingle would act as my neutral stimulus)  I'd would then continue to play the jingle at the end of each test before saying, "hand in your tests."  

Eventually, the students would hand in their test just by hearing the jingle.  So in the end, the jingle would become a conditioned stimulus, which the students exhibit the conditioned response of handing in their tests.  I think I would still have to say, "hand in your tests" every once in a while.  Otherwise, I think the conditioned response would become extinct and the students wouldn't respond to the jingle anymore.



If I had used candy, I believe I would have had to use it every time and it would have a high chance of extinction.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Theory of Learning

Operant conditioning